As part of my involvement with the Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS), I’ve been asked to present at a university careers day. Now, for me, Market research wasn’t even a blip on my radar when I was university – but I’m looking forward to telling these students all the great things about market research and why they should consider it for a career.
We’re going to show the great video that AMSRS put together a few years ago on careers in market research…
We are also in the process of putting together a presentation for the event, which will cover the following topics
- What are the types of entry level jobs in this profession?
- What is a typical day like?
- What are typical career paths?
- What skills are needed, (specific and generic) ?
- What qualifications do people need? What post- university training/qualifications are required?
- How do companies recruit?
But my questions to you are;
a) what are your words of wisdom for any potential young market researchers out there?
b) can you point me in the direction of any good careers information for market research? where have you seen this done well?
I’d love to hear your thoughts!